The loss of a loved one is a difficult period we must all face in our lifetime. During this difficult period, there should only be comfort and compassion for the family of the deceased. The families should not be consumed with tedious arrangements and a multitude of funeral details. Instead, they should be focused on praying, healing, mending and putting the pieces of life back together.
Islamic Center of Old Bridge can help you with some of these arrangements leaving you to focus on your family, friends and loved ones. With the Grace of Allah swt the ICOB staff has the requisite expertise in this area. ICOB can arrange the following services for you:
Pre Burial Arrangements
- Perform Islamic counseling to the family of the deceased.
- Coordination with hospital to transfer the deceased to a funeral home.
- Janaza preperation that includes ghusal (final bath), shrouding in kafan and final preparation (perfumes and other essentials) for the deceased under the direct supervision of the ICOB Masjid Imam following the Islamic rules with dignity and in a most respectable manner.
- Transportation of the janaza to a masjid of family’s choice for Salat-ul-Janaza. Performance of the salat-ul-janaza and delivery of the janaza to the cemetery. Please note that there may be an additional charge involved for the use a masjid other that the ICOB Masjid because certain masajid impose charges for the use of their facilities.
- Cemetery services that include opening and closing of the grave. ICOB currently does not have any grave plot available. ICOB can however arrange the purchase of the grave plot through the Muslim cemeteries of our area. ICOB strongly urges the Muslim community to purchase grave plots in advance to avoid such issues at the last minute. The ICOB Masjid Imam will perform the last rites during the burial.
Post Burial Arrangements (Optional)
- Fatheha (Soyum) during which ICOB will setup the Multi-Purpose Hall for Quran reading and for the family and friends to get together to meet and console the family of the deceased. A Fatheha prayer will be arranged at the completion of this event.
- If food arrangements are required, ICOB suggests that families and friends of the deceased should be involved in these arrangements.
- Transportation of deceased from hospital to funeral home, from funeral home to masjid and from masjid to cemetery
- Use of facility for washing and preparation of janaza
- Grave plot
- Opening and closing of grave during normal work hours (Mondays thru Fridays, 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM, excluding holidays)
- Grave marker
- Provide religious counseling to the family
- Washing (ghusal) of the deceased. Please note that for the washing of females, a female member of the family or friend will be needed to perform these rites under the supervision of the ICOB Imam.
- Kafan, perfumes and other essentials.
- Salat-ul-Janaza at ICOB Masjid. There may be an extra charge for salat-ul-janaza at a masjid other than ICOB.
- Perform the last rites during burial.
All grave plots previously purchased through ICOB do not include charges for the funeral home of $1900, opening and closing of the grave of approximately $825 and imam services of $350.
- Use of Hall (with carpet)
- Imam Services for Khatam-ul-Quran and Fhathia.
- Tables for Food services (Does not include supplies such as table covers, spreads, utencils, warmers, etc.) Family and friends are responsible to set up and cleanup.